Friday, January 30, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
So as always things have been crazy around here. The garage sale went smoothly and was a success as I made $600 that will be put towards my move to China. We will be having another sale on February 21st and hope to do just as well! Thank you to everyone who donated items or helped in any way for this garage sale.
We officially have 37 days until we leave for China!! Thats crazy!!! I'm asking that you would please pray for our team and The China Home Foundation as we have recently felt the devil attacking us and we pray that he would not have a foothold in any part of the ministry! I now need around $4,400 to reach my financial goal! Please pray that fundraising will go well for both me and my roomate Chrissy as well as China Home Foundation!
Alright I'm out!
Thanks again for all your support and encouragement!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Dear family and friends,
I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Christmas. Our departure for China continues to come quickly as we are busy making final decisions on travel plans and living arrangements. Plane tickets have been purchased and our official departure date is now March 4th. New Hope Foundation, the ministry that currently occupies the fifth floor of the orphanage, will be moving into their new building in mid February, allowing China Home Foundation to begin ministry on the fifth floor beginning in March. Our partners, Mikey and Michael, will begin preparing the apartment on the fifth floor for Chrissy and I. This will allow us to make a smooth transition so we can begin using this floor to work with the children as soon as possible.
The Lord continues to provide financially as I have now raised approximately $7,500 in gifts and pledges. I will be hosting a garage sale on January 24th, which will help reduce the cost of the remaining $5,000 I still need to raise. Monthly donors can begin sending their donations starting the first of March to the following address listed below. Please make the check payable to Jacquie Hartmeyer.
4111 36th, st. w.
Bradenton, Fl 34205
For more information regarding the ministry of China Home Foundation please check the following websites
Ministry website- http://www.chinahomefoundation.org/
China Home Foundation blog- http://chinahomefoundation.blogspot.com/
My roommate’s blog- http://www.chrissynicoleadams.blogspot.com/
We ask that you would please pray for the following requests:
1. Pray that China Home Foundation will continue to find favor in the eyes of director Pei, the man who runs the orphanage. This is crucial because he determines how much we can do with the children.
2. Pray that New Hope Foundation will be able to make a smooth transition into their new building in mid February, allowing China Home Foundation to move onto to the fifth floor as soon as possible.
3. Pray that China Home Foundation will continue to be blessed financially to help begin and sustain ministry with the children of Luoyang.
4. Pray that Mikey and Michael will be guided to make bold and biblical administrative decisions regarding different aspects of the ministry.
5. Pray that Chrissy and I will be able to prepare for the move as we will struggle with the departure from home, family, and friends.
6. Pray that His name will be glorified in every aspect of the ministry.