Friday, April 24, 2009

Woohoo

Hey everyone, 

So if your wondering why I used "Woohoo" as the title of this blog it's definitely because over the last couple of days we made a monumental purchase that will forever change our lives here in Luoyang.  Yeah thats right, we bought a washing machine!!  We have been here for 7 weeks and we have only done our laundry 2.  That's gross :(.  However all of that has changed because we are now the proud owners of a brand new whirlpool washing machine. :)  Yes, it doesn't use hot water and we don't have a dryer (China doesn't believe in dryers) but it is far better than dragging our laundry across town to use our friends washing machine (thanks Tim&Melissa) only to drag it all the way back to our apartment.  Did I mention we live on the fifth floor of the complex and there is now elevator.  3 weeks worth of wet laundry gets heavy real quick!  And with that I shall introduce you to our new friend.  




Later, 


JHart

8 comments:

Jeanna said...

Does she have a name yet? She must have a name!

Diane and family said...

You guys are making me want to go over and hug on my dryer for a while, too....yes....I'm going to go do that right now!!! :-)

Diane and family said...

AND...it appears to me that w/ as snuggly as your new washing machine fits into the bathroom, that you do get plenty of time to ooh and ahh over that washing machine...looks like your toilet and washing machine could become best friends!

Julee Hartmeyer said...

haha, yes! There is nothing like taking a shower, doing laundry and using the restroom all in the same room.

PSG said...

hooray for owning your own washing machine!
i certainly can appreciate having in house laundry! toting your underwear cross town sounds like a torture!

Sarah said...

I can't believe it's been 7 wks already. So glad you have your washing machine. That can make a huge difference in your life there. Enjoy every moment! Give Lily a huge for me if you can.

Debbi Willis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbi Willis said...

Let me try this again....
Wow Julee, that's wonderful! I'd be hugging her too, yes, she has to have a name now... she almost looks like an old wringer I used to use! The bottom shape is the same. :) -